Most of the time having a baby is a natural process. After a full-term pregnancy, women go into labour on or near their due date and give birth to a healthy baby. A day or two later they leave the hospital to begin day-to-day life with their growing family. But not all pregnancies go smoothly. Some women experience certain issues what doctors refer to as a high-risk pregnancy.
A pregnancy is considered high-risk when there are potential complications that could affect the mother, the baby, or both.
1. Hypertensive disorders in pregnancy
2. Diabetes complicating pregnancy
3. Multiple gestation like TWINS / Triplets
4. Bad Obstetric History
5. Anaemia complicating pregnancy
6. Jaundice complicating pregnancy
7. Placental abnormalities in pregnancy like placenta previa
High-risk pregnancies are managed at SriLaasya Hospital by our highly qualified team under the leadership of Dr M Radhika who has been trained extensively in these fields specifically to help ensure the best outcome for the mother and baby.